The Ultimate Guide To Clarifying Shampoos From Fringe Benefits Hair & La Bella Beauty Salon In Gloucester
Do you suffer from a dry, itchy scalp? Do you find your hair is often greasy, lank and lacking shine? If this sounds familiar then it may be time to show your hair and scalp some much needed TLC by investing in a high-quality detoxifying shampoo and conditioner. Here, Fringe Benefits hair salon in Gloucester share their tops hair care tips and give their top picks on detoxifying hair products.
Everyday pollution, central heating and the sun can play havoc on your hair & scalp let alone the damage you might cause from using heated hair appliances.
In order to get the very best from your hair then it’s important to use clarifying hair products to gently remove excess dirt, grime and product build up from your hair without stripping the natural oils.
Salon Owner & Master Stylist Marina Says:
Over my 30 years of working in the hair industry I have seen a huge difference in the quality of my client’s hair by regularly using a detoxing & clarifying shampoos once a week alongside a reconditioning treatment.
My personal favourite is the Pureology Purify range. It is gentle but effective from roots to ends. It contains witch hazel and baking soda that work to remove residue and build up without dulling your colour.
Its aromatherapy blend of tea tree oil, witch hazel, rosemary and peppermint will defiantly awaken your senses. Better yet, Pureology’s products are sulphate-free, 100% vegan, and guarantee maximum hair colour protection.
For finer hair Redken’s clean maniac is fantastic. The noticeable difference is that it doesn’t lather compared to other shampoos, containing micellar technology (a fancy word for cleansing agents that have water and oil loving properties), the molecules in this shampoo work to attach to oil and dirt particles in your hair making it easier to wash away. The micelles help your hair to stay cleaner without being harsh, acting like a magnet to draw out impurities.
When To Use a Clarifying Shampoo
• If you swim, a clarifying shampoo can help to remove chlorine found in swimming pools
• If you have a build-up on your hair from hair products
• If you feel your hair is heavy and not responding to your regular shampoo and conditioner
• If you have a flaky, itchy, scalp (do not get this muddled up with dandruff) dandruff smells and is yellow in colour
• If you want to improve the look and feel of limp, dull hair
• If you have greasy hair and want to remove excess oil
• If you lose a lot of hair you may have a build-up of products that can clog up your hair follicles
• Natural curls can be lifeless, limp with little definition
• If after using your maintenance shampoo you can still feel products in your hair. Or your shampoo doesn’t lather so well then you use more then you are professionally recommended to
• If you use a dry shampoo
• If your hair is porous due to chemical services such as lightening or colours
• If you do a lot of sport and you sweat a lot
Whether your hair is stressed, greasy, fine or flat or you just want to keep your scalp in great condition, these products are the answer. Ask your stylist for more info the next time we see you in our Gloucester hair salon!